View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
AndyA6
Carnut

Thank God my kid is ok!! Check this out!

Soooooo, I get "the call" at 9 a.m. yesterday in the office, did not understand a word since my daughter was just freaked out. But the Ambulance was already there and the EMT then talked to me telling me which Hospital they go, that our Mazda 3 is toast and all that.
I don't know about you guys but that moment is not a good one, the sinking feeling.....

First feelgood:- Turns out that my kid's injuries were not that bad. She actually stayed with the UHP so we could go and pick her up.

When we (wife and sister) got there we passed a little traffic jam since the 2 left lanes were blocked off by the IMT.

What happened was that a guy cut her off, cars touched, kid lost control (perfect PIT), spun over 4 lanes through rush hour traffic, bounced with the rear end off the median, spun again head on into the median again, came to a halt facing traffic! Talk about some nice kidmarks

Second feelgood:- The guy took off BUT CAME BACK and told the cops that it was his fault!!! Can you believe it??? I walked over and thanked the guy who was in his early 20's.

Kids lower arm, she actually let go of the steering wheel right before the impact, this is from the airbag!! Lesson here, let go of wheel or you injure yourself even more!

"Slight damage"

Rear end bounce damage

Former front end

this is how a Mazda 3 Airbag looks like...

I don't think this is worth fixing, totalled??? I guess so!

Well, this is it. One more thing, NOBODY stopped after the crash to help or anything, first person was a cop off duty. My kid called 911 and UHP and Ambulance arrived within minutes

Be safe and a Happy 4th !!

Later,
Andy