View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
tonycarreon

329k miles! congrats...

as to your original point, i would no longer go there. they obviously don't care what you think anymore. whether it's the technician or the garage owner doesn't matter. if i walked in to a shop and asked for a service that someone considered "needless", i would expect some blowback sure, but in the end i would expect it done and done right.

in this case, even if everyone at the shop agreed the plugs did not need it, the owner should have said something along the lines of "since it's not necessary and not part of the standard 30k mile service, we can do it, but i will have to charge a little for it. or you can wait until the 60k mile service and it will be part of the price." not "you're crazy i know better than you. i won't do it."

i have been told a few times that something wasn't exactly necessary and the shop would prefer to not do it, but that it's my money and my car and they'd do it for me if i wanted.