View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
Perfectlap

There is no replacement for displacement!

my thoughts:
an 04 986S is probably the best engineered roadster to date. The 05 987 is still 'an experiment' and I'm not sure there has been enough feedback from the track and small numbers of weekend warriors to start incorporating changes/upgrades/fixes. I mean the season only just ended.

But having tailed a 987S during a test drive one day I can say that if you are considering the new boxster try an go with the S. $10,000 up front may seem like a lot but if you intend to keep the car the resale hit on a base 987 will justify going with the S. In other words not buying the S will cost you.

anyhoo, I will always opt for a manual transmission and someone who knows how to use one will ALWAYS be faster than a computer shifted transmission as long as you are turning the steering wheel. out Shifiting an auto/semi auto slushbox in a 0-60 run, that's a different story. I learned that in 500SL recently.

and by the way, you won't notice a difference between the S and non-S unless you are driving it for real! Merging and overtaking car on the highway is a very different experience when you have an 40-50 poinies.

try and find a nice 550 edition 04 986S, very classic Porsche.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-04-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote