View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
FormulaReed

Sorry I have not updated this thread sooner, but I just got the car back and hear is the story.

The shop pulled the gear box and took a look at the IMS bearing and they found this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38544789@N03/7473551314/

It's a NSK bearing with out any seals on either side. Not the factory bearing. It did not have any play and felt pretty good. I could feel a little spot of roughness but it felt fine to me.

Because the car was all part, I had them put a LN bearing and replace the RMS. It was not leaking bad (never left any oil on the ground, but i could see a little bit)but I figured I might as well have it done.

So I got the car back yesterday and took it for a drive. Ran great and I was really happy. Un till I looked at the rear bumper. It was covered in oil. I looked under the car and it looks like the RMS is now leaking like sieve. I drove about 80 miles round trip. I got in touch with the shop and they think the AOS has failed. Only thing is, I don't have any of the symptoms of a failing AOS. Not a ton of smoke, I can easily remove the oil cap when the engine is running, no CEL, no bad idle, no loss of performance.

I am taking it back to the shop on monday and will see what they say.
FormulaReed is offline   Reply With Quote