View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
jesseborgelt

Few questions, some pics of new ride

I purchased my 2000 Boxster about a month and a half ago locally from the second owner. The car was in good shape for 75K miles. The only issues were a very small ˝” crack in the plastic window of the top. This quickly grew to about 6 large cracks the first few times I operated the roof. While searching for a replacement top I stumbled upon this company autotopsdirect.com that offers a replacement top made from what they call “acoustically enhanced material” and a glass window from the same company that supplies Porsche. I am happy and it is much quitter. My only concern is that now the top doesn’t seem to extend all the way. There is about a 2 inch gap when I put the top up and I must reach up and help pull the top down to engage the latch. Is there a way to adjust this?

The second issue I took with the car was the worn interior, especially the center counsel and driver seat. I promptly found artic silver door pulls and a center counsel courtesy of ebay. The seats I purchased from AutoBerry.com. I am pleased with the fit and they are 100% leather – love the smell. My upholsterer installed the seats and when I picked up the car, I noticed my airbag light is on. Is there a sensor in the seat that may not have been reconnected?

Finally, I tossed on some 19” wheels and a nice set of rubber, painted the calipers red, added the Porsche banner down the side, and called it a day.
The original passenger seat was in great condition, but I replaced both for matching sakes. I still have it and am willing to let it go if someone has a worn driver’s seat they want to replace it with. Here are some before and after pics.

jesseborgelt is offline   Reply With Quote