View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #43
LightngSVT

No superbike here, got rid of the crotch rockets back in my 20's. I have a big old fat and slow Harley touring bike. Beautiful machine thats still metal and chrome, not plastic but slow as the hills compared to even a 600cc sport bike. I'd like to keep both but even I know that doesnt make sense and as mentioned I'd only be using Boxster as a partial DD its a fair replacement. Youd think the wife would be all over getting rid of the bike because its not "safe" but not really.

The new base car I saw is a 987 not a 981. Cant imagine theyd be giving any signifdcant discounts on the 981 since that dealers hasnt even received one yet. But it does have, I believe 260hp? Only 20hp off from the 987.1 S models. For $47k I could find and S but Id be lucky to find an 09 at that price and this is brand new.

To make matters worse last night I went to 3 dealers and looked at an 08 Boxster, 09 M3, 11 M3 and 08 Carrera. If Im looking at possibly spending close to $50k I want to see whats out there. The Boxster was a mess, lots of touch ups, etc and evidence the rear 1/4 panel had been painted. PASS! The 911 was very cool but I think it'd get tiring as a DD, it rides pretty stiff but has a really cool mechanical feel that adds to the driving experience. Id never been in an E9x M3 before last night and WOW!!! Just amazing. Very comfortable, handles great (though not quite to Porsche levels), awesome V8 sounds at 8k RPM and is still practical plus there is a convertible model. Again probably looking in the $40-50k range but same as a new 987 or a 3-4 year old 987 S. Totally different animal than either the Boxster or 911 in both a good and a bad way.
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote