View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
gowestwarho
gowestwardho

Does anyone know if i can replace this coolant tank?

New to this Board and looking for some immediate guidance on a specific problem with my coolant reservoir (leak). If anyone can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have an 2001 S with 65,000 miles. I noticed the aforementioned coolant leak. I've ordered the #01 new style cap (wish Porsche had bothered to tell me about that one!) and am waiting for it. in the meantime I am either trying to seal the leak with some plastic weld that another user had success with - OR - I will try and replace the tank itself if need be.

HERE'S THE QUESTION THOUGH:

In every posting I see it refers to just how difficult this DIY job is because "you have to remove the hoses from inside the engine compartment on the other side of the firewall", and "almost need drop the tranny to get to the c-clips".

BUT MINE SURE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THAT! All I'm seeing are three rubber coolant hoses (SEE ATTACHED!) with c-clamps on both ends, and the oil fill tube, and the oil dipstick line. That's it! So I am left wondering if my build got a newer style coolant reservoir that is easier to remove - OR am I just that stupid and asking for big-trouble in trying to do this?

Anyone know if I remove those three hoses can I A) either move the tank around enough to get to the underside and REALLY seal the leak? OR 2) remove the tank entirely and replace it myself?

Oh, man thank you if you know the answer!
gowestwarho is offline   Reply With Quote