View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
pretty much any early 90's porsche is a rare car as the 944 was being phased into the 968 (which didn't sell any better) and the 964 model 911 was expensive and receiving mixed reactions from the public. Boxsters are much more common than any of those cars so the market it somewhat saturated and the demand is low. Corvette's (for reasons I cannot fathom) have ridiculously high resale values I assume because it is one of the few american sports cars available besides the viper.
The build quality is poor, they squeak, rattle, and for being such large cars, have absolutely no interior room (C4's especially) but there is something about them that attracts buyers. I am not convinced the IMS issues have done as much damage to the resale value of the boxster as some think as most buyers really do not do much research when purchasing a car and the IMS issue is really only well known among enthusiasts and current owners.
I agree, few people know about IMS unless they've done research.

I think the corvette high resale thing has to do with.... a different class of people. Children grow up wanting one of two vehicles: an exotic like lambo, ferrari, porsche, etc or american, which is basically the corvette for the past 50 years.

They get older and that carries over, so they see the used corvette car they dreamed about since high school now selling for less than the price of a new Focus and they run out and buy it, not realizing how ****************ty a car it really is since they're in dreamland and nothing can pull them out of it

I have a feeling if a poll was done a lot of people in southern states would probably want a corvette over a porsche, and on the east and west cost they would probably want a porsche over a corvette. It's a different cultural.
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote