View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
I KNOW I'm a newbie to the forum and all but not new to designing stuff. Woking in conjunction with fellow DFW Boxster owners and a few others that have expressed a desire for a solution we have come up with a Wind Deflector that is:

* Virtually impossible to steal!
* It mounts BEHIND the Roll Bar Pads and BEFORE the Roll Bar - as the wind blows.
* Secure at higher speeds - we are all going to go there - so don't spam me.
* Installs in minutes! Just clip it in!
* Uses factory mounts - nothing added AND You are not putting HOLES in your precious Roll Bar and/or affixing some type of "receiver" or other plastic pieces that may break or fall out.

This Wind Deflector is SECURE! The wind helps to hold it in place. As the wind pushes the piece IS HELD INTO PLACE against the Roll Bar at higher speeds (test pilots wanted). Best of all, it installs in minutes. Use the same cleaner as for the convertible top plastic glass (Novus).

It is SILENT (compared to the others) so you CAN HAVE a conversation. We have FULL and HALF sizes. The Full Size DOES BLOCK the Wind more than the Factory or ANY aftermarket product available…period! The Half size is for folks who have speakers ON TOP of the rear deck or just want the middle only. It does not block as much wind but it still more secure than any other factory or aftermarket product we could find AT ANY PRICE! Price is the GOOD NEWS with this product - under $100 is the target. If you want a company logo it will be $15 more.

We are in the process of producing prototypes now. They have been met with "Cool" and "why didn't I think of that" responses as it really SOLVES the need most Boxster owners have expressed! Well, we listened, and added some of our own ideas.

You can see it on my Garage photos or send me a PM and I can get you an idea of the general design. You can try to figure it out and go through dozens of trys OR just give us a few weeks and we will have a much more elegant solution than the options available today.

We are excited!!! STAY TUNED!