View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #38
Jerkstore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightngSVT View Post
I could kick myself in the butt for test driving a Boxster S today. But not just any car a brand new '11 S with PDK. I went to the dealer to check out an 07 Cayman base (nice car, not to many options, 50k miles but only $28k) and after I returned from the test drive we got talking about the Boxster S in the showroom, they then insisted I take it for a drive. I cannot believe the difference between these cars! The S makes the base car seem like, well ummmmm, a base car. So I think I have to find an S car now and may have to change my rules of only an 08+ car because I dont really want to spend $58k ($10k off sticker of $68) on a car but holy freakin crap was that car amazing! Anyone wanna make donations? LOL!
My policy is buy what you want the first time (within reason). If you get a base model it will be fun, but you will spend thousands in mods over time chasing down additional HP. You will then have a base model with maxed out HP. With the S you start out with what the base will be maxed at. That's my .02 but I can't ever leave anything alone.
Jerkstore is offline   Reply With Quote