View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
LightngSVT

Actually the S I drove spoke to me and I would have loved to take it home, thats what got me started on thinking of S model. It was its price of $58k that didnt do much speaking, actually it kind of quietly whimpered. Id love the performance, warranty and "new car smell" of a new Boxster S but that is just a crap load of cash!

So M96 is the better engine to have? I thought I had heard 911 guys talking about the M97 being more reliable? So the M96 can be upgraded to prevent the IMS failure where as the M97 you just have to cross your fingers and hope you have a good one?

I really have no issues with buying a local car from Michigan, Ohio, etc. As was mentioned with our winters most people put their good cars away for the winter. The only reason all the cars Im looking at are mainly in the south is because there just arent many around here and when they do pop up they're gone quick (usually). For example local Porsche dealer had an 08 they put on Autotrader before they actually had the car on hand (lease turn in) and it sold before the car even was technically available. Though there is an 08 and an 09 about 30 minutes away that Im going to check out today.

I got a call yesterday from a dealer in Fl with an 08 base yellow car I contacted them about around a month ago. They sent me a ton of pics, car seems mint, 32k miles, average options and CPO'd until 2015 for $32k including shipping to MI (or free flight to go get the car). If they'd go $31k it would almost be to good to pass up. Another monkey wrench in the plan...
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote