View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #16
aratapuss

My 2 cents . . .

My Porsche buying experience was a bit different than many of the previous posters . . .

5 years ago I first drove a 2003 S model, and liked the car. Shortly thereafter I found a 2004 base model, optioned nicely, and bought it, from Grand Rapids Michigan.

Several posters note to be wary of cars from here, but my experience is that most Boxsters are not year round daily drivers, thus never see snow and salt. So surely be forewarned, but not scared off.

My only wish after 5 years of ownership, is more power, brought on by driving a few 911's and one 2008 Boxster S. I want 350- 400 HP, and also a 20 year old concubine, but realize I am quite happy with what I have, am actually quite lucky to be where I am with both marriage and Autos, and will always long for more. Find the car that suit your senses, when you drive it, it will speak to you. The S mentioned previously did not, the Base model did. I do not track or autocross, yet, but having a base model will not prevent me from doing either in the future.
aratapuss is offline   Reply With Quote