View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #36
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightngSVT View Post
I did that once when we were first married when an M3 convertible [just] followed me home, she didnt talk to me for a week.
I just had a great mental image of the conversation this must have created.

"He just followed me home, honey. Can I keep him, please?"
:dance:

Understandably one has to be careful with the wife's "suggestion" vs. "do what you want"...that's almost damn if you do and damn if you don't in prettier words.

I'm always one to say go with your first instinct, as it's usually not wrong. If that was to sell the Harley or the 330, go with that in mind, and if the situation changes and calls for the alternative, then there you go.

As for grocery shopping with the Boxster, that can be done, but one has to be careful where one puts certain items, and that warning goes beyond just food shopping. The rear trunk is a furnace/sauna/hell-hole, and that's no exaggeration. The trunk gets very hot during a drive, and even hotter on a drive on a hot day, so you don't want to put anything back there that shouldn't be subjected to heat (like ice cream, perishable liquids, frozen meat, cans of shaving cream, toothpaste tubes, candles, etc.), or you could have some messy results. Unfortunately the front trunk can't always carry it all, but you tend to find out just how much you really can pack away in the front trunk. It doesn't kill the daily driveability, but it is something of which to be mindful.

Sounds like she's expecting a new car in the driveway when she gets back though.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote