View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Vista glass
Vista glass

Garage
I too had concerns when adressing my 13 year old window. It was scratched yellowed and a little stiff. I searched for advice and products. Found a lot on this forum. Eventually I ended up using a headlight restoration 3 step kit on a cordless drill. I only used the final two steps. I did cover the cloth part of the top to avoid staining it even though I had obtained a Raggtop cleaning and restoring kit for that part of the top. I started on the worst area and saw good results. I had little to lose as the window was in bad shape. After I developed skill and confidence in the product and my abilities ,and assessed that I was not making matters worse I did the whole window with great results. The window looks great. It is not swirled and scratched. It is more pliable. My vision (safety) is greatly improved. It has been several months since I did this and it is holding up well. I have been using Diamond brite plastic cleaner preserver on it since then. there may be other better products for this but so far it works great and the window beads water like the top. I did the Raggtop treatment to the roof after the window and now my top looks as good as it can, beads and repels water and is safer. I must note that since this is the droptop roadster it is rare that I drive with the top up. Love the wind in my hair and the sound of that flat six complying to my desires.
Vista glass is offline   Reply With Quote