View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #12
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
I have bought from LA Porsche many times, and the do negociate very well. Ive been able to knock them down almost 50% on some items. I have heard of them selling boxster engines for as low as 1500 with 27k miles on it. I think LA Porsche is your best bet for a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Hi,
I spoke with Sunset and thay want $5980 not inc. shipping for a rebuilt engine.So,I am still not sure what to do.

I have been considering negotiating but am woried I will not get the same quality.Do you think that will be an issue?

I have looked on ebay and called LA Porsche Dismantlers and it seems thay want an average asking price of $3000 for a motor w/ roughly 30k miles (this one has 40k miles).In my opinion,a very fair price for the both of us would be $5000 (as said earlier).I believe I could negotiate LA Porsche a little off that engine for $3000 and maybee get that down to $2500.Even if this engine he has is worth $3000(he had to get it for less meaning he has some profit their),then he makes atleast $2000 to take the car as is and put the new engine in and reassemble the car.Do you think that is a fair request and will I be hurting myself by negotiating in a situation like this?
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote