View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #54
CenterIsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
You might have a more salient argument if Porsche took care of all the original purchasers.
They didn't? I dunno, it's been a while since someone like that has popped up, but my vague recollection is that if you were 1) the original owner, and 2) dealer maintained, that even if you were out of warranty (by maybe a year or two) that they might offset some / most of the cost.

But if you honestly feel that Porsche should furnish a new engine to a 3rd (or more) owner of a vehicle that is anywhere from a couple to a dozen years out of warranty, when any of those owners might have "upgraded" their oil to their synthetic of choice (in retrospect, all those oil threads have disappeared - maybe that's one of the good things about the IMSB issue - people have stopped trying to "innovate" the lubrication), bolted on the latest shiny intake / exhaust, chipped the car for better performance (because Porsche doesn't understand how to make their engines perform), and flogged the car mercilously (nobody confesse to overrevs but somehow the OBD magically shows this, must be another conspiracy), then I think it's fair to say that you will be disappointed.

FWIW, my Lexus dealer has performed out-of-warranty fixes on my GX470 free or at a significantly reduced rate, and each time they've requested that I not share the details on a public forum. So I can easily imagine that if Porsche NA and/or the local Porsche dealer did something above and beyond their warranty obligation, we might never hear about it.

Last edited by CenterIsl; 06-19-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote