View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
Hello BruceH, it's good to see a fellow Texan on the board. The only thing other than the IMS I would be concerned about is the very low possibility of a D Chunk failure. Problems that will hit though is the water pump breaking, Air oil seperator malfunctioning, CV joint boots cracking, and motor mounts disintegrating. These aren't flaws rather, but inevitable wear and tear. I'm not here to scare you, but be expected to have $2,000 set aside in repairs, as expected for any car with age, especially being a sports car. As for those problems, that is what I can think of on top of my head, but don't let it deter you. These cars have much character and fun.
Thanks Kenny! Yes, I pretty much figured on spending that amount. I figure there will be issues. I debate looking for one with 60,000 miles vs ones like the one I found with 33,000 miles. I'm curious if anyone has purchased one of these low mile Boxters and what their experience was. This car is owned by a guy with a small collection of assorted vehicles including a 1960 Porsche roadster that is supposedly in show condition. I am hoping he took care of the Boxter as well.

I understand Internet forums can be scary, but no, it's not going to deter me. The ones who have no problems are out enjoying the ride, the ones with the problems are here searching for an answer. I have looked at the other roadsters out there such as the 350Z as well, but they are not a Porsche
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote