View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #49
CenterIsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothole View Post
In my view, addressing the IMSB problem earlier would not have been financially odious for Porsche
Well, that's the problem - you don't own and run Porsche. The people who do - and they are the only ones who truly know the actual failure rates - apparently decided that a change to the IMSB was not a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothole View Post
...shows scant regard for customers or the company's heritage...
Customers? Are you saying that the folks who have had IMSB failures (all engine failures are assumed to be IMSB - I think it was Jake who said he'd identified more than 20 "modes of failure", and on this factor I tend to believe him) bought their cars from Porsche? If you're the 2nd, 3rd or 10th owner I'm sorry, you are not a Porsche car "customer" (you might be an indirect parts customer). As for the company's "heritage", I think the ultimate impact of the IMSB "issue" is very uncertain. The "heritage" argument, of course, has been used by many actual car customers to say that even producing the Boxster has devalued the brand and dis-respected the "heritage". Same with producing water-cooled engines. And SUVs. And mass production. And automatic transmissions. And air-conditioning. And multi-speaker stereos (which have been uniformly awful!) . And electronic steering. There's been so much "heritage" reduction going on, the brand must surely be held in very low esteem by now.
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote