View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Try looking at a JVC NT3HDT. It may not SCV (volume control) but using the factory harness I was able to get it out of mine. There is a wire, not sure which since it has been a while since the install, that will increase the volume. In the end, I disabled that feature because IT GOT TOO LOUD!! Not something you have to worry about with the factory unit.

It also uses an SD Card which I have about 2 weeks of music! I have thrown out the CDs! MP3 on a CD will only get you a hundred or so songs - I have about 1500 on ONE SD Card!

Make sure you apply the firmware update. I picked mine up on eBay for around $400! Installation did require a trim bezel in addition to the factory wiring kit (so you can maintain the SCV, if needed).

Adding sound to the rear deck is a good choice! My Box ROCKS! Don't forget to add a backup camera…for $15 it is a no-brainer. Takes some time to run the cable but REALLY HELPS with the Box BLIND SPOT!
Enjoy!