View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whttkrasst
I use XM via a FM modulator and the sound quality is crappy compared to CD. In my BMW with factory Sirius, it's virtually CD-quality, but in the Boxster, over the FM band, the dynamic range is reduced (as I understand it), and just doesn't sound good. I really only use it for news therefore. And when I'm travelling, I have to change FM frequencies as I move from area to area, when I get interference from local stations. FM modulator is a poor solution. It makes me wish - funny - I had a cassette deck in-dash - so I could at least use the cassette adapter.

Until there's a MOST-bus connector/adapter, or the iPod connector, us with these newer cars are out of luck.

avoid the FM modulator altogether. If you call Becker in New Jersey they'll sell you the auxiliary plug($20) that connects to the back of the Porsche head unit on one end and plugs to the Ipod or XM via the stereo/headphone jack on the other end.
Turn the volume all the way up on the ipod and the sound will be CD quality.

I noticed Alpine makes a cool headunit that has a glide button that once connected to the Ipod acts like a scroll wheel to click thru your music collection.
Right now I'm using the nano which sits just below the headunit. But Satellite rocks always something new playing or something I havent heard in a while.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote