View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #33
CenterIsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered View Post
I really don't believe the IMS issue is as big as the internet forums and a few folks who are profiting from the hype are making it.
No kidding. Consumer Reports, JD Power, the German Government's automotive inspectors, and a few others (I forget but I've posted their numbers before) all say the 986 / 996 have high engine reliability, and a handful of mr. crankypants on this forum know "the real truth".

How likely are you to experience an IMS failure if you're a member of this forum? 10%? 20%? Don't even start your car without having it replaced. Oh, and make sure you don't miss the sticky at the top of this forum for the "Shortlived Boxster engine survey" - with 57 thousand members, 215 of them currently online, probably a Boxster gets added ever few minutes. Er...no...not that often...there was...let me see, 1 in the past 12 months. No, someone else had one die this weekend, so that's 2 in the past 12 months. Out of FIFTY-SEVEN THOUSAND members. Yeah, 20% sounds about right.

My guess why Jake didn't want to join the class action? Because he knows it's a non-starter, and if it were shown in court (if it made it that far) that there was in fact no basis, then his business would dry up. Either that, or you really believe mister "Tick Tick Boom" is really, truly concerned about protecting the values of your cars.

Last edited by CenterIsl; 06-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote