View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
LightngSVT

Excellent points. Been shopping for an S, not many out there and they seem to hold more resale value than expected. The RS60's I'm finding now are in the mid-40's, the one for $37k sold. Id jump on one for $35k. As a DD, a 911 or Cayman seem "better" because of the roomier cabins but lack the open air fun. I realize a Boxster could be a good DD but I still worry about driving such a nice car everywhere (like work, grocery store, etc) and racking up miles. I realize this isnt a Ferrari 250 GTO and expect it to depreciate like any other car, however I like to try and minimize that by taking care of my cars and trying to not run up overly excessive miles.

My gut tells me to just sell my Harley, keep the BMW and get a Boxster. There are really no sound financial or use based arguments against it, the only difference is it would take up more garage space (we have 5 stalls). But there are the "wife based" arguments which dont have to be based in fact or logic. But I may need that shovel and a hammer if I do, gonna have to build a dog house to live in for a few days. I did that once when we were first married when an M3 convertible jsut followed me home, she didnt talk to me for a week. So Ive been fair ever since and this time she didnt say "no" exactly, right?
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote