View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I was rear ended last month and finally got around to taking my car in for repairs. They where going to lend me a sedan. However, the manager at Enterprise was shocked that they considered a sedan adequate replacement for my Porsche, so I ended up in a black Cayman PDK. I'm not complaining. I've been driving it all afternoon, at the insurance companies expense!

It's a very nice car, but I can't help but feel like my 986 'feels' better. It feels lighter and more nimble in my opinion, I personally prefer the complete lack of digital touch screens, as much as bluetooth phone calls are nice.

The 7 speed PDK is also lacking, it's a funny gearbox and it never seems to know what gear to be in. The shifting is occasionally clunky, and the paddle shifters while nice seem to have a learning curve, it's a very different from a manual, but did make the traffic more bearable.

But at the end of the day, I can't wait to get my 986 back. But this also sealed the deal that when I need a new car, it will be another Porsche. All the signature traits are there (plus cupholders ), it just needs to be a manual!

Has anyone else driven both, what did you think? Any tips for dealing with the PDK in traffic?

Best,
-Rick
My buddy has a 2010 C4S PDK. 385 horsepower, AWD, sport plus suspension, he threw everything in he could. There isn't anything about it that I preferred to my 986. Just not as much fun.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote