View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
papasmurf

I have not used them personally but have looked into them before when I was shopping for tires. Be prepared as you may have opened a can of worms here with this post as many people are of the opinion that only the "N" rated porsche specified tires should be used. I am not of that persuasion and for the type of driving I do, lesser tires will often suffice. I currently have sumitomo HTRZ II's on my car as they were affordable and had very good tread wear rating compared to other tires. I have also ran falken tires before on the car and had no issues and was getting about 30-35k miles out of a set of rears. I suspect that several more "mainstream" brands are in fact produced by "lesser" companies and are really not much better than the more affordable tires. Tire companies have a tendency to come to market really cheap for a few years until they gain market share and find acceptance with the public. FWIW kumho used to be the new guy on the block (like nexen, nankang, etc.) and were decent tires at affordable prices until they were more widely accepted at which point the cost of their tires gradually began to rise to that of a mid-level tire. It it was me, I would give them a try before I bought some michelin's, goodyear, etc.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote