View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
IMACMAN

Pending codes

Hi Bar, thanks for the reply, I just checked the REV app, and the app says it is capable of displaying pending codes..... when I first hooked the App up to each of my cars, the Porsche, and the Nissan were clear of codes and pending codes... but the Grand Prix did show a brief code when I started the app.... then it disappeared.... it turns out that the Grand Prix oil level was low, and the onboard computer showed me that condition as well...so I topped up the oil in the Grand Prix, and the code ( which I think was related to that, on the REV app, cleared it self, after I manually cleared the message on the Car's Unit ). The reason I mention this is that the REV app appears to include Pending Codes.... but who knows..... it was a $40 app...lol.... I'm going to bring the app up to the Porsche mechanic and let him have a look and tell me if it's worth bothering with.... or if I just have a cool looking set of redundant digital displays...lol... Where can I find the Durametric? I'd love to have one..... INMHO the other apps I have aren't going to be of any diagnostic value... If I'm uncertain of whether or not they actaully doing what they say they can do...and the only way to find that out, would be to test them side by side with a durametric unit that you mention.

Thanks

IMACMAN

Imacman
IMACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote