View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
IMACMAN

Nope No CEL

Thanks guys..... No there is no CEL or other lights ( They do all work )... the car is a 99 with 69k on it... a recent purchase in April... I've put about 1900 miles on... ( couldn't help it I love the thing...lol ) the engine runs very clean and strong all the we through the tach in every gear ( Theres' not alot of "gear time" in first )... at about 4000RPM mark the sound changes ( power band area I guess ) and it really takes off... sounds like a jet...lol...or formula 1 car.... sounds great, no sputters or hesitation. I've had the car on the highway..... but still have not had it in 5th gear yet...lol... true!!!

I had a porsche mechanic ( independant ) do the alternator, Brakes, Tires, Oil change and filter and front wheel bearings on front ( there was a small rumble in the front ) the bearings smoothed that out. He had the car up on the lift and told me the car was in great shape... very nice... so that was a relief : ) Then this started : (

I should mention the OBD2 worked great, no error codes etc... and the REV app lets you see all of the sensor data...so maybe the MAF data issue is showing there?... I wouldn't know what to look for or what the data and graphs mean... but I do know it's in real time as the car is running. It's in getting a Full detail Job on it now... then off to the Porsche God up here on the rock.

Some days the car ( Ride wise ) is amazingly smooth over the bumps etc... then the next day..... theres... a fair amount of banging over the bumps in the back?.. strange... I'm having him the Mechanic see if he can locate the banging... I do know one of the plastic wheel gaurds ahead of the rear wheels is a bit loose, and one of the small metal shields ( ? triangke shape 12" or so across ) is missing s screw and moves up & down an inch or so. Thanks for checking this thread... any help and advise is appreciated... this forum is a god send....it's already answered and solved several issues for me... and having some knowledge and understanding of the car helps alot when I'm talking to the mechanic about it. : )
IMACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote