Thread: Date Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
ProjectM96

Date Dilemma

When I bought the 986 as my first car at 21 years old, my parents were upset I wasted my money on a sports car. They are more into practicality and boring cars like Toyota Corolla/Yaris or Honda Civic/Fit.

My father always complains about how small the car is and how he cannot fit comfortably in my car. He thinks I should buy a Kia Spectra or Hyundai Elantra. He also complains about how bad it is in rain and snow and how expensive it is to own.

My father has a jet ski and borrows SUV's from the dealership he works at to tow the trailer to the river or lake. We had it for 13 years and I have been riding for 11years.

I want to borrow the jet ski and SUV for my date with my girlfriend this weekend. I have borrowed SUV's plenty of times to go Jet skiing.

In return for letting me borrow the jet ski and SUV, my father wants to borrow my Boxster for his date on Sunday. He wants to drive it >1 hour away to an extremely busy little village town where there is lots of traffic and parking shortages and lots of scratches on bumpers from parking in extremely tight spaces. And he wants to take lots of oily stainy smelly food in a large pot wrapped with foil for a picnic. He has another older beat up car he could take on the date, but he wants to take the Porsche.

Should I risk it and let him borrow my car so I can borrow the jet ski? Or should I just try to find something else to do for my date?

P.S., he drove a 98 Boxster home from the dealership years ago and did a burnout right in front of me. I was 16 years old back then. That is when I first got to drive one and when I decided I am getting a Boxster as my first car no matter what.