View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Kroggers

Time to do some thinking - whilst there is probably not much I can do this summer, it will give me a plan for the coming winter!

At the race in Botniaring (first race this season), all the cars were measured after the last practice round. My Boxster (wet) with me in it came in at 1250Kg.

Now, I am currently running in class 8.c - this is the specifications (taken from the Porsche Sports Cup Scandiavia Finnish regulations!):
Class 8.a at least 6.5 kg / hp (100)
Class 8.b at least 5.0 kg / hp (200)
Class 8.c at least 4.0 kg / hp (300)
Class 8.d at least 2.0 kg / hp (400)

If we assume that my car does have the factory documented 250hp, then my power to weight is ~5.0kg/hp. In theory I should be in 8.b based on this, but that is another discussion. The main point is that I am at the bottom of the 8.c class which is not good for trying to come first

So I need to either reduce the wet weight on my Boxster to ~1000Kg or increase the power on the engine to ~320hp or a mix between these two to get me to the upper limit (4.0Kg/hp) for the class I am in...

I am therefore looking for good ideas on what I can do at a realistic price to get closer to the 4.0Kg/hp point - all suggestions and ideas are welcome my friends
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote