View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
ukchris

Installed the Non-Smoker Tray/Shelf/Cubby

I finally got round to installing the non-smokers tray today. I have to say that I am pleased with it, I had thought it of little benefit but overall I think it is a nice touch. It looks very similar but is actually a fair it bigger in terms of space than the interior of the ashtray.

The install is easy, lift out the ashtray unit, underneath there are two T30 screws. Note that these are plastic and go in to expanding sleeves which will lift out clipped to the tray, I was a bit puzzled when there was nothing to screw them back in to at first.

The cables come off easily enough, the small one for the light is not used, the others (in my case) are for the windows and seat heaters. They were quite conveniently white on the left and black on the right so it was easy not to mix them up. To remove the switches apply pressure from the outside (switch side) while wiggling a screwdriver between the switch and housing, they pop right out.

I haven't got the little rubber mat to go in the bottom yet, will pick one up with an order soon for some other bits. Overall I'm very pleased with it.

The picture is animated, five images as follows:

1. Ashtray in place and closed.
2. Open ashtray.
3. Ashtray removed/
4. Ashtray housing removed, wires visible.
5. Non-smoker tray installed.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote