View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightngSVT View Post
I could kick myself in the butt for test driving a Boxster S today. But not just any car a brand new '11 S with PDK. I went to the dealer to check out an 07 Cayman base (nice car, not to many options, 50k miles but only $28k) and after I returned from the test drive we got talking about the Boxster S in the showroom, they then insisted I take it for a drive. I cannot believe the difference between these cars! The S makes the base car seem like, well ummmmm, a base car. So I think I have to find an S car now and may have to change my rules of only an 08+ car because I dont really want to spend $58k ($10k off sticker of $68) on a car but holy freakin crap was that car amazing! Anyone wanna make donations? LOL!

So would I expect there to be much difference between the 11 S and say an 06 or 07 S (I realize there is a 15hp difference)? I NEED an S!!! Maybe I should consider the 08 RS60.
Well, if you liked the '11 Box S a lot but don't want to part with the dough, never never test drive a GT3 RS at a racetrack Freaking amazing!!

I made my peace with the Porsche wants a while ago. A GT3 RS would be great but unless Penske calls and says he has one for me on his dime it ain't gonna happen. My current car is a 2.5L, the slowest Boxster made... and it is still a bucket of giggles every time I drive it. When the motor finally gives I may put a 3.6 in there or find another car. For now it's plenty fast enough.