View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
LightngSVT

Drove a @#$%^& Boxster S Today

I could kick myself in the butt for test driving a Boxster S today. But not just any car a brand new '11 S with PDK. I went to the dealer to check out an 07 Cayman base (nice car, not to many options, 50k miles but only $28k) and after I returned from the test drive we got talking about the Boxster S in the showroom, they then insisted I take it for a drive. I cannot believe the difference between these cars! The S makes the base car seem like, well ummmmm, a base car. So I think I have to find an S car now and may have to change my rules of only an 08+ car because I dont really want to spend $58k ($10k off sticker of $68) on a car but holy freakin crap was that car amazing! Anyone wanna make donations? LOL!

One thing I found weird is that my 06 BMW 330i manual feels faster than the base 07 Cayman did. My car has around 255hp compared to the Cayman / Boxster's 245hp. Im sure the BMW has more torque but Im also sure it has to weigh a lot more than the Porsche's.

So would I expect there to be much difference between the 11 S and say an 06 or 07 S (I realize there is a 15hp difference)? I NEED an S!!! Maybe I should consider the 08 RS60.
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote