View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #11
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3 View Post
Come on guys. We don't need to be this anal. Jacked up, lifted, or just on ramps. What comes out is enough. A ten minute drain is more than adequate. I do mine on ramps. I still have to put 9+ quarts in it to fill it.
I can identify with u Idaho Red because I had to put a new IMS Guardian pigtail drain plug in and had just bought some Canadian Tire ramps(it says on the box it can takes 6000 lb load). My garage was going to charge me $140Can. to put the plug in. Pelican Parts Boxster 101 book was a big help. Of course I got some oil on the garage floor but I lost about 2 qts. removing standard plug, and juggling around getting the crush ring off the old plug and putting it on the new one. As regards doing an oil change which I dont need yet, it is good to know that only a few ounces of oil is left if u drain oil while the rear wheels being on a ramp. However jack stands may be in my future. It is good to know that there are non anal people around like yourself!:dance::dance::dance:I thank u all for the info.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote