Thread: 19s versus 18s
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
CVstarBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
bling bling homey!

Dude the 18" look like they belong on a Porsche. The chrome might work for me (just my opinion of course) if they were gun metal type chrome. Maybe.

At any rate, you have more tire choices with 18"s and you're not getting bent over by the tire companies for 19" tires even though their costs justify no such premium over 18". They are simply fleecing those who have to be slaves to this ridiculous trend of giant wheels on sports cars.

The color of the Forgestars also blends in better with your Lapis blue paint and makes you notice the car as a whole rather than fixating on the shiny thing. And honestly most chrome wheels make the car look older to me. Like someone bought an older car, took the OEM wheels off and ordered something chrome from the back of Hot Import Tuner magazine. And I rarely see chrome wheels that are kept clean and properly detailed. What a hassle.

Also, I would consider removing the lower lip on the front bumper. It throws off the proportion of the wheels and appears to sit lower than the skirting. You should try a GT3 MK2 splitter instead, it will be a little stealthier and still give you that finishing touch.

p.s.
How bad do the MA cops ball bust over the front plate? I haven't had one a car in nearly 20 years. Always a good bargainig chip when I get pulled over.
"Okay I won't give you a ticket for speeding so I'll just cite you for the no front plate. Okay Chief?".

Great points. thanks for the thoughts. As for front plate, I'm not sure, but I just put them on so they have no reason to pull me over at all. I have been thinking about going plateless myself
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote