View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #118
SoK

My cars been fantastic in the nearly 2 years I've owned it. I'm extremely pleased with the reliability so far for a car this age. All I've done is standard maintainance and recharged the AC.

When I bought it in 2010, I did have the dealer replace the RMS and all the other seals/gaskets throughout the motor and transmission. While doing this, they inspected all the engine components and gave it a clean bill of health.

I hope I don't have any IMS issues, but it's a daily driver (work/weekends, rain/shine), I change the oil every 5k with Mobile 1 and stretch it's legs a couple times a month. I think I'll be fine. I plan on replacing the t-stat, AOS and waterpump this coming spring as preventative maintainance. After that, I'm confident I won't have to do ANYTHING to the car until 100k (I'm at 58k now).

It's been an excellent experience so far and I'm glad I didn't let the horror stories on this site scare me away. I will buy another Porsche in the next 2 years (Cayenne S). Wish I had a S model now...