View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Perfectlap

Well as a cyclist (have four bikes) I can tell you about the only two racks that exist for this car.
First I had the Bird. The owner of the company installed it himself. Very nice idea only problem was it made contact with the rear of the trunk like yours. Unfortunately somone plowed into when I stopped in a 7-11 one day. Bastard took off. I had to get the car on my mechanics lift to blast it off.
Then I went with the Willwood rack. That's also a very well made rack. Drilling the holes was a little bit of hassle because the holes had to line up perfectly. Also, it's not cheap and it doesn't llook like I'm going to fit two 29ers on their maybe two road bikes. Actually I don't think you can even buy this rack anymore. I bought it second hand from one forum member after a search that took a really long time. Long enough to miss most of the biking season. I think that rack would work better if there were a composite/plastic bike carrier to reduce weight instead of the hevay Yakima/Thule steel carriers. And you can't use a ball hitch which eliminates the majority of carriers from both makes. One of those would be simple solution.

I suggest using actual video clips and not the slide show. I think at this point everyone has a fast internet connection on their phone or desktops. There's definitely a market for this given my frustrating experience in trying out more than one option.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-30-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote