View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
MikenOH

Garage
Regarding the cowboys, despite the fun you were having at the event, all it takes is one knucklehead to create a situation for a crash and at the speeds you mention, you will be lucky if it only involves damage to the car.

I've gone to a few non-PCA events and my biggest knock has always been safety--as in the lack of it. People passing in corners (absolutely crazy), not allowing passes and not enforcing the event rules is a recipe for damage to the cars and personal injury.

Whenever I've had issues with a particular driver, I will visit them in a not threatening fashion after the session and let them know what my beef is; you may want to take somebody along with you if you think the other driver won't respond well to what you say. If they get pissy or keep doing the same thing, my next stop the person running the event and let them know what is going on. If the event organizer takes no action, then I'm done with the event.

Putting this in a slightly different fashion, the only way these events stay safe is that everyone plays by the rules and that the rules are rigidly enforced. If the HOD organizers cannot control their event, just pay the extra $ and do the PCA event. The $'s you may save on the event price aren't worth the downside of what can happen when some of the participants decide the rules are for somebody else.
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote