View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
DarrenBlake

Blown Boxster 3.2L engine

Guys,

Hi, I'm sure there's lots of articles on this already, and happy if someone points me to the appropriate place, but I've searched and can't find all the details I'm looking for.

I've managed to blow the engine in my 2003 3.2L (usual bearing issue). Now I'm wondering what the best option is for me. My main issue is that I'm in Australia, where it's very difficult to source replacement parts. The mechanic is looking at the engine this week, but his initial assessment is that its probably not repairable unfortunately.

I'd like some advice on what my options are. I'm assuming my best option is to source a low milage engine from europe / UK / USA and ship it in to Australia. As my gearbox also has an issue with the synchromesh on 2nd gear, I think I may be wise to look for front end damaged cars with low mileage and ship one out and cross my fingers that the engine and gearbox are in good condition. Tricky, but if I can get an inspection it is still probably worth the risk.

I also understand that you can install a 3.4 911 engine too. I'm not sure if that's straight forward or not?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Darren
DarrenBlake is offline   Reply With Quote