View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
bar10dah

I'm generally not a fast driver. However, it's nice to open up the Boxster every now and then.

Today, got on the 70 MPH interstate. As I merge, I accelerate up to about 70 MPH and pull into the right lane. As I do this I notice the SUV behind me in the center lane start to accelerate, as I guess he realized up ahead of me in my lane at a slightly slower speed was a pick-up truck. Guess that SUV didn't want me pulling into that center lane, ahead of him.

I could have easily dropped a couple gears and had been outta there! However, I just slowed down, and let that SUV pass me. He's probably doing about 80-90 now. He really made a big show of passing me like he did.

And just as that SUV passed the pickup truck, a flash of black Charger went past my passenger side window. Looked in my rearview mirror and off in the break down lane, parked, was a State Trooper in an unmarked car.

I watched him in my rearview mirror. The Trooper got on the interstate rather slowly and cautiously, not interfering with the traffic in the thru lanes, which I thought was cool. But as soon as he got over into that left lane, he must have floored it. I'm still doing about 70, had moved over to the center lane to pass that pickup, and that trooper flew by me at what appeared to be at or near 100 MPH.

Trooper 1, SUV 0.

Sometimes it pays to be older and wiser. Sheesh, several years ago, I would have definitely out-accelerated that SUV in order to get in front of him. Today, it saved my bacon.
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote