Thread: fabspeed
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
LAP1DOUG

I am very pleased with my Fabspeed full system with headers, and no secondary cats. The butt dyno says that the power is up a bit, but nothing huge. The sound above 3000 RPM is fantastic, and not to loud IMO, but I wish it was just a bit quieter at idle to about 3000 RPM. A minor complaint, as it's best to keep it above 3000 anyway.

The only fitment complaints I had were:

1- The front O2 sensor restraint can't be bolted in place in the stock location. This is a minor annoayance, as the wire really is restricted in length, and cannot flop around anyway, so you really don't need the bolted restraint.

2- The trailing arm eccentric bolt that is used to adjust toe cannot be removed from the suspension due to clearance with the exhaust expansion joint in front of the bolt. No big deal, as the frequency of removing this bolt is pretty rare, and the exhaust can just be loosened up if needed for removing this bolt.

3- It's almost impossible to get the exhaust outlets to line up perfectly. It seems that one always want's to hang down a bit more than the other one.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote