View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

I give +1 to black box, not only for this post but his honest offer to help someone save huge cash on maintenance, I tip my hat sir. The headers on my 986 were Chinese and I read all the blight about them, yet when they arrived they were everything advertised and more. I drove my 986 spiritedly and never had a problem with the headers or thought they would eventually cause a problem. As for exhaust upgrades being a waste, I loved mine it sounded awesome, no waste. Legends grow from some legitimate bad experiences, sometimes excellent quality parts are made by secondary providers. From here on out for me, all parts will be factory stock.

PS I think OD is right about sizes, my 19" wheels don't seem to be slowing me down. In fact if there's anything frustrating about the spyder it's that any trip to near redline in any highway gear yields license revoking results. If you don't have a clean ramp for gear one and two forgeddabout it, hit three hard and it's far past legal by the time you upshift to four with two more gears in sport plus. Stay in it into fifth and I don't want to tell you what digits are displayed.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote