View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
The muffler serves a purpose- performance. Thirty pounds of weight savings, and reported 10hp increase at higher rpms. As for spinners... Aesthetics. Higher diameter wheels are counterproductive, wasting gas and reducing speed. I think these mufflers are a great alternative to a $1200 muffler.
My issue is more with the name choice. Isn't there a German word for cheap but functional? LOL Charlie Chan muffler sounds like the latest Hot Import Nights marketing campaign.
At any rate, I don't see exhaust upgrades as a worthwhile investment. Certainly not for 10 hp. And the weight savings is better spent at the wheels. If anything it seems like a cosmetic upgrade just like the spinners in that its done for non-performance reasons (sound). The OEM exhaust had quiet a bit of engineering put behind it, it delivers all the performance the car will need unless you plan to wring every split second out its laps. but I agree it is unfortunate that you have to pay premium in the event of a needed replacement. That's why I went aftermarket when it was time to replace the original. But if Porsches were cheap to buy an maintain everyone would have one.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-19-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote