View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
mcomet

Two problems / Q's: Sticky Clutch / Gas Tank does not fill to Full

I have the car going in for service tomorrow but figured I'd ask here to see thoughts and be ready for what I will hear back...

1. My clutch has been stiff. Driving today it actually started "sticking" near the full pressed position. ie: I press to change gears, release, gears change but pedal is near bottom...I had to put my foot under and pop it outwards... I am pretty sure the clutch needs to be replaced... I also assume this means the clutch spring is worn etc... is that something I'd expect to be replaced with a new clutch anyhow or is that gonna be more $?

2. I have noticed that filling up the car, the gas pump will instantly click to say it is full. Even after just a few second and I know the car is really empty. I can try to adjust the angle of the pump but it never seems to fill up. I keep it going, click start again, release the fuel slower... still clicks. Today it actually started to feel like it was full full and bubbling back, so I stopped...then I get in the car and the fuel is only 3/4 full... Any ideas on this? Almost seems to be a speed thing like I am filling then I need to let it all settle and then try again to put more in...

thanks
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote