View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Another Wind Deflector Topic…with a twist!

Hi All! I know most of you have the factory wind deflector. This is not for you. Unless or until you lose it.

My vehicle did not come with a Wind Deflector, soooo I made one that fits between the roll bar and padding. The padding secures the wind deflector so it cannot move.

I am not sure why Porsche would not go for an easier approach to this problem. I solved mine wind in the cabin in a matter of a few weekends and several sheets of plexiglass. This solution is HUNDREDS less than the factory or any reseller offers.

I now have a Wind Deflector template with two options:

1). A full Wind Deflector made out of plexiglass all the way across the roll bar. This extends behind both seats and provides better wind blocking than stock.

2). A half-sized Wind Deflector. I had mounted 5" Speakers on the rear deck and with the full-sized deflector on it - I could not hear the speakers! So I modified this deflector to just go between the seats (same area as the MIDDLE stock deflector - except it is secured to the roll bar and cannot fall out). It is using the same mounting holes as the larger deflector and blocks about 80% of the wind.

So how many of you need help in this area?

I have templates for both. Just send me a PM and I can send some pics or post them here if there is enough interest. Several people have asked for diagrams to make a commercial offering but so much information has been given to me from this forum maybe I can help someone who has helped me (or IF you have access to laser cutting equipment, let's talk).

Thanks for all your help on my projects. Will post pics if there is enough interest.