Thread: Floor Mats
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Jäger,

I have those same floor mats, and they're my first set of Lloyds, so I have nothing but good things to say about them, especially compared to the generic all-weather junk the car came with that liked to cover the gas pedal. I have not noticed much of anything getting trapped in that spot compared to any other crap I happen to track into the car getting on the mat in general. The pyle doesn't really hold onto stuff like thinner mats you typically find in a car, so the stuff actually tends to make its way outward and collect on the carpet around the mat instead...go figure, but it makes vacuuming simpler.

You bought the version with the applique logo. Lloyd still has an option to get the logo embroidered straight onto the mats. Maybe the place you purchased from did not show it as an option, or you may have just missed it, but it is still there.

Considering your car is very much a daily driven one, I think the applique will last you longer and show less wear and tear over time compared to the embroidery. That's the part people really notice about the mats anyways is the logo (if there is one), and then they start looking at its condition overall.

Also, where I shopped for my mats, the cost for an applique was no different than the cost for the embroidery.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 05-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote