View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
l3m

Here are some videos on YT (not mine).

Boxster Cross exhaust - YouTube

rB Tech Porsche Boxster S Exhaust sound Video - YouTube

Cayman S With Cross Exhaust system - YouTube

The first one just appeared on YT a few days ago and it sounds like a stock setup with just the exhaust. The last 2 are on 987's and it looks like there's a lot more going on that just the exhaust. JIC is better known for their suspension products but they do sell a lot of exhausts for the JDM market. CROSS is their brand for European cars which I don't think they sell a lot of.

I only paid a little more than what an NHP muffler retails for and hundreds less than a Fabspeed exhaust. JIC-Magic USA was selling two on Ebay for 1/2 off retail. They bought some from Japan some time ago when exchange rates were better and they were getting rid of their inventory. I asked for a sound video and they referred me to a Porsche sales manager who bought one of the exhausts. That person said he liked the quality and the sound of the exhaust, not too quiet and not too loud (I know this is subjective). He watched the two RB Tech videos and said his exhaust sounded a little deeper.

Anyway, I've had my Boxster for 9 months now and really haven't done much to it. I have a small budget for mods and have been deciding whether I should spend it on performance or appearance. The car already has an ECU tune and an EVO intake so I decided an exhaust would be a good complement and make the car more exciting to drive. The previous owner had a GHL exhaust on it but it was too noisy so I told him to put the stock exhaust back. I only drive the car on weekends and am trying to get more excitement during my drives. There's really not a lot of twisty roads around Houston that take advantage of the Boxster's capabilities. I hope I made a good decision with this exhaust.

Last edited by l3m; 05-09-2012 at 05:10 AM.
l3m is offline   Reply With Quote