View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #139
Eric G
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Your post makes me laugh! This was run with diagnostics on board more then just seat of the pants calculations. Make fun if you will, but simple physics don't lie, when you allow an normally aspirated engine breath easier (to a point) you will see improvement.

The difference between the energy content of the fuel consumed and the useful power extracted from the engine is known as Thermal Efficiency (TE), this is just one factor that aides in the increase of this.

While Porsche develops "performance" factors into their cars, those factors are also dictated by standards of operation as a commercial vehicle that must meet country standards where sold. Performance is not always at the forefront of those factors. The stock muffler and exhaust systems are not designed for maximum performance...if they were, you would see them run on on the track.

What we do to the cars is all about what you are looking for and what you can extract from them to get to that point. This mod is just one of those, you can either think outside the box, stay with stock or buy someones idea...but in the end it is what make you the owner the happiest. For me, I am very happy with the end results.