View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Idaho Red Rocket 3

I have owned both a 2.5 5 speed and 3.2 6 speed at the same time. My son in the 2.5 and me in the 3.2 on some nice twisty mountain roads. The 3.2 will out perform the 2.5 all day long on any road.

Now here is what I liked better about 2.5 5 speed. The engine sound is perfect. The growl is music all by itself. The 5 speed is much better shifting. Easier to find the right gear. Top gear in the 5 speed and 6 speed are just about the same. Handling is very good. I up graded the brakes to drilled rotors and some Cquence brake pads. "Almost" as good as the 3.2 S brakes.

Now here is what I like about the 3.2 S 6 speed. Slightly lower first gear makes for surer pull off from dead stop. Stiffer suspension improves twisty road handling. More torque and HP makes it a little quicker and gives it a higher top speed. Bigger wider wheels tires. Bigger better brakes. Very quite exhaust (but I also miss the growl of the 2.5 sometimes) Much better music sound system. Interior seams to be nicer overall.

Having owned both I would go for another 3.2 S as my first choice. I would not say no to a 2.5 if it was priced very low and well maintained.