View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #20
Biz-z Z

I’m with you guys when it comes to jettisoning the dealer license plate frame or decal. Shoot! He’s not paying me to advertise and this ain’t no stinkin’ taxi cab so he gets no space on my car.

As for P logos, I do like the colored wheel center crests. In my view, they certainly stand out nicely on the Carerra S wheel. That is why I bought them.

So too, the gold crest on the hood is elegant and eloquently announces the arrival of a special car. It speaks of racing heritage and tradition, and is the envy of many. I think the hood would be naked without it.

Regarding the script on the trunk, I will admit I’ve had to learn to like it. More importantly though, when I see any car without all of the manufacturer’s markings I become suspicious of that vehicle as having been involved in an accident and the body shop was too sloppy to finish the car properly. Maybe Yogi would put it like this, - If I were buying, I wouldn’t be.

In the end, I want there to be no mistake that a Boxster S just went by. Perhaps it is simply pride of ownership. Whatever it is, for me, keep the Porsche’s logos on the car. Besides, the extra weight of the script on the trunk keeps the rear planted at high speed!

Well, that’s how I see it from my knothole.
Biz-z Z is offline   Reply With Quote