View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
berj

Interesting perspectives. Thanks guys.

to answer a few questions:

- no I didn't do the model designation delete since I bought off the lot. When I get a free weekend I'll be doing it myself, though

- honda vs porsche -- indeed you are right. But I would be asking the same if I owned a honda.. but.. I don't

- if, indeed, the Cayenne is no better (if not worse) than the Tuareg (sp?) for 10K more then I wouldn't look in wonder at someone who bought one.. I'd laugh at them. But that's just me. That said, I'm sure there's *something* value added to the Cayenne, isn't there? I don't know myself.. I've never driven one.

In all seriousness (I'd never laugh at anyone for driving something they love.. pinto or porsche) I guess my thing is that I've never been a car "fan". I've got no different feeling to Porsche than Honda or Lexus. I just *love* this car -- they hit one out of the park as far as I'm concerned. None of the other cars I test-drove or have seen come close (either I don't like the styling or the feel or something). If this exact car had been made by Chrysler I still would've bought it.

I can appreciate where you guys are coming from, though. There are *certain* brands I will put up with.. everyone's got their thing.
berj is offline   Reply With Quote