View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Bobiam

The pump is nowhere near the front, so that's another issue.

Check under the car at the front corner for minor scraps or other damage that may indicate that the car's nose dropped on a curb while being parked. I bought mine with such a problem. The upward impact cracks the plastic locating piece and radiator end at the left end (looking rearward at the front of the car) of the radiator. You likely will not be able to see the leak that I described with the bumper on. In the attached photo look carefully for a cross shape at the end of the locator. That's what I had that was leaking.

I'd be cautious about the BMW coolant as it may have something special formulated especially for BMW.

If you are ambitious and can lay it up a little longer, the pump change would be prudent while it's drained down.

As for filling it, do a little more research. While filling it, crawl under and burp all the big hoses to get some air out. I disconnected hoses at low points to drain it too....that worked well.